Pricing & Royalty

I do not have a Social Security number because I am not a U.S. Citizen. What now?

Even if you live outside of the United States, you will still earn a royalty just as our American authors do, but we are required to withhold 30% of your royalty earnings. This percentage will be withheld unless you apply for a foreign tax number by submitting a W-8BEN. With a foreign tax ID, we're no longer required to withhold taxes. Any money that was previously collected can be reclaimed with your taxes at the end of the year, but we cannot repay it.

For more information, or to download a W-8BEN, visit www.irs.gov